Even though overlaying images seems like a daunting task, it’s one of the easiest edits to make if you have the right tool at hand. Today, we’ll share the best 3 ways to add objects and people to your photos – you’ll find out how to edit pictures on Windows, on your smartphone, and even online.
The programs we’ll introduce to you are very easy to use and do not require any previous experience in photo editing.
Use PhotoWorks to Add Objects and People on Windows
If you prefer editing pictures on your computer, then go for PhotoWorks, a feature-rich photo editor suitable for beginners and pros. Just in a few clicks, you’ll retouch portraits with AI-run tools, crop your pictures, change the background of the image, replace the sky, remove unwanted objects, edit multiple photos at once, and so much more. If ease of use and professional-looking results are what you want, then follow these simple steps to add a person or an object to a picture:
- Open the image you want to add. Drag and drop the photo of the person or object you’d like to insert into another picture.
- Separate the object from the background. Go to the Tools tab and click Change Background. Now paint over the object using the adjustable brush, and then select the background area you need to remove.
- Add the object to another image. When the background is deleted, hit Select Background Image to load the photo where you want to place the selection.
Alternatively, you can save the cut-out picture with a transparent background. Then you’ll need to open another photograph and pick the Image Overlay tool to superimpose the saved selection. Once the picture is added to your photo, you can make other additional adjustments for a natural look – color, correct the image, apply filters, etc. In PhotoWorks, you can export photos in popular formats like JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
Download PicWish to Edit Photos on Android or iOS
You can find countless photo editing apps on Google Play and the App Store. As an example, we’ll show you PicWish, an automatic background remover that allows you to edit several images at once. In the app, you can also add a new background to your picture, erase objects, and resize photos for such platforms as eBay and Etsy. Here’s what you need to do to add a person to a photo:
- Import a picture. Tap Photos to select an image from your gallery. The app will automatically erase the background.
- Add the background image. Choose Photo under the Background option, select the picture to insert the object you’ve cut out, and adjust its size and placement.
- Export the photo. To save the edited picture, tap the download icon.
Try PhotoScissors to Insert Images Online
Don’t want to download anything on your computer or phone? Edit your pictures in a browser-based photo editor like PhotoScissors. It’s a simple tool for background removal that is completely automatic and free. However, there are a few things to consider – the maximum image size is 10 Mb and the maximum resolution is 4.2 Mpx. The service supports such file formats as JPG, PNG, or WebP. If your photos meet the requirements, follow the steps to overlay a picture with PhotoScissors:
- Add your file. Upload the photo with the object you want to insert.
- Extract the object. The program will automatically separate the background from the object, but you can fix the result with a green marker and eraser tools.
- Add the background. Open the Background tab, choose the Image option, and click Change to select the background photo. To resize and move the object, go back to the Foreground tab and adjust it.
Now you know how to add a photo to another photo. It’s not as hard as it sounds, is it? But here are a few more tips you might find useful. For example, you can add stickers to photos to create funny pictures or memes – this is where Canva, a popular online platform for graphic design, will come in handy. You might also like to add captions to photos in case you want to write a quote or a joke. To do so, go for Adobe Express, a web-based photo editor with a huge collection of text styles to choose from.
As you can see, the steps you need to take are similar to all the programs we showed you in this post – you simply upload a picture, cut out the object, and insert it into another photo. All you have to do now is decide whether you’re going to edit images on the go, on your computer, or online.
One way or another, any of the apps above will let you prepare pictures for any purpose, be that a post on social media, an advertisement, or a big project at work. You can also use digital tools to show respect to a family member that has passed away but, if you wish, could join your celebrations – here’s how you can add a deceased loved one to a photo.
So pick the photo editor you like most and create your first design today.