When it comes to graphics design tools that are available in Adobe systems, the thoughts of many people is usually directed to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe illustrator. These two are very popular, but Adobe Fireworks is very unique in its own way. It is very conspicuous that many users are skeptical about Adobe Fireworks likening it to a half baked graphics editing and design tool.
Alongside many other regular users of Adobe Fireworks, I can confidentially say that Adobe Fireworks is the best possible tool for various manners of creative works.
Adobe fireworks is specially designed for creating graphics for the web, for apps and for different varieties of devices.
It is a darling tool for users who are in need of powerful but lightweight software for editing and creating various arrays of graphics for websites and mobile apps. Adobe fireworks allows users to navigate and edit graphics on websites with ease without the need for coding knowledge or the use of colour palletes. Adobe Fireworks is not designed to function as a replacement for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator buy it it allows a simplified way of editing and drawing vectors and bitmaps.
The core focus of Adobe Fireworks is the websites and mobile apps. It assists in creation of assets for web pages and apps.
Key reasons why you need Adobe Fireworks?
- Adobe Fireworks supports the creation of CSS/sprite, iQuery mobile theme skinning and API access.
- It can undertake the extraction of codes from CSS designs. In addition to this, it paves the way for easy creation of CSS sprites. Popup menus and roll overs can as well be created with ease.
Adobe Fireworks allows easy cropping and optimization of graphics. It also allows the automatic repetition of tasks.
- Adobe fireworks makes it possible for users to save images in many varieties of formats such as JPEG, GIF, PSD, PNG, PSD, etc at a reduced size.
- Another unique feature of this tool is that images can be saved on the web pages alongside HTML files.
- Adobe fireworks allows work to be done more efficiently and in less time as both vector and bitmap drawing/editing tools are embedded in the tools panel
- As we know, it is very pertinent for balance to be striked between visual quality and the size of web pages and app . This balance is achieved as a result of the software’s powerful optimization tools. This is not all, as users can choose the balance of the quality-size according to their preferences. It also allows the importation of the finished graphic design to the web in different formats such as JPG, JPEG, Gif, as animations and as HTML tables.
- Adobe fireworks provides a simplified platform for users to do most of their image editing on web pages from a single platform. It provides a massive support to the extraction of CSS code from website pages giving room for the creation of CSS sprites.
- Adobe Fireworks has support for jQuery Mobile theme and new CSS properties panel. This reduces the coding required to generate graphics for apps and mobile devices
- Creation of Mock-ups: Adobe fireworks makes it possible for users to showcase a preview of their finished web page design to clients.
- Creation of Vector Art: Do you wish to create vector graphics just like a pro even when you don’t know how to use Adobe Illustrator? Don’t worry, fireworks simplifies the creation of vector graphics and bitmaps.
What & what can you do with Adobe Fireworks?
As far as Adobe fireworks is concerned, everything that is inserted on the fireworks canvas is what is replicated in the export. Fireworks controls and coordinates the objects as regards the exact number of pixels and the exact axis coordination.
Assuming, you wish to create an image ellipse of say 200 x 300, then Fireworks is the best and most suitable tool for this. On fireworks, users can insert exactly the values of the dimension that they are looking for. Aside from this, users can use the scale tools to visually resize and drag the image anywhere on the screen. It is simply a point & click situation. Also, there is no need for browsing through the layers.
Adobe Fireworks is made up of a powerful web layer. Some of the items that can be created within the program includes buttons, navigation bars, hotspots and rollovers. The organization and creation of master pages and sub pages is simplified and made possible by the pages panel. These items are then exported as working HTML and CSS files. The customization of the exported files is made possible through slices and the optimization settings.
Intact, it is possible to create a completely functional static page via the Fireworks alone. The code generated from might not be very tidy, but is assuredly very effective.
If you are in need of mock-ups, prototypes and basic website design then Adobe fireworks is the ideal tool for this.
If you don’t wish to use only fireworks to design the landing web pages, then you can choose to combine the tool with Dreamweaver.
You can build quick and easy vectors: Fireworks is a powerful vector editor and offers several ways of editing and retouching bitmaps. Fireworks has a collection of frequently used objects such as polygons, ellipses and other editable shapes and flowcharts.
Adobe Fireworks trial version: How to use Adobe Fireworks trial version free
Just like other Adobe system softwares, Adobe Fireworks has a trial version which can be used free of charge for 7 whole days.
The major prerequisite for using the trial version is for the user to register on the Adobe creative cloud platform. Downloading and installation of Adobe fireworks trial version can be achieved in very few steps.
After registration on the Adobe cloud platform, simply proceed to login and select Adobe Fireworks from the list of available softwares.
Check out for the button designated for trial version download. Click on the button and the downloading will commence instantly. Go ahead and install the software and enjoy all the premium features for 7 days free.