Due to globalization, international travel has become the norm. Hence, embassies and visa processing centers worldwide, try to match the trend by using the internet to quicken the delivery of visa application results and other vital information. Furthermore, when you think of speed and ease for the applicant, many would choose to use the web to interface with the visa center. That is why in this post, we will show you how to check visa status online for the USA and Canada.
Similarly, you would recall that in the past, you had to go to the embassy to inquire from the staff to get this information. However, thanks to the Internet, you can now spend less money and gain speed and convenience and still know your visa status. Moreover, most Immigration services now use this method. Lets us begin.
How to Check Visa Status Online
In this post:
- definition of the term
- steps to check your visa status online for the United States
- steps to check your visa status online for Canada
Definition of the term
According to Wikipedia “A visa (from the Latin charta visa, meaning “paper that has been seen”) is a conditional authorization granted by a country to a foreigner, allowing them to enter, remain within, or to leave that country. … A visa most commonly takes the form of a sticker endorsed in the applicant’s passport or other travel documents”.
Steps to check your visa status online for the United States of America
You can follow this step by step guide to check visa status online today.
Step 1: Login to the Department of states consular electronic application center, website to check your visa status.
Step 2: Choose your Visa Application Kind. You have two kinds – immigrant and non-immigrant visa.
Step 3 Select the place where you had the interview, that is your country and the exact office you were interviewed.
Then in step 4, enter your application ID or case number in the slot they provided for it.
Step 5: Type in the Captcha code or click to ask the computer to read the code number out for you to enter it into the box.
Finally in step 6, Click Submit.
Finally, you can also choose to call or visit the embassy you were interviewed to get the same result. Furthermore, you can get the telephone number from the consular office you were interviewed.
Steps to check your visa status online for Canada
You can check visa status online depending on the kind of visa you applied for. Once you submit your application, the embassy starts processing it and send you a message to show they had received it and then give you an application number.
However, ordinarily, you should give the embassy a little time after submitting your application before you start checking to find out the status. To start the process, of checking your visa status online, visit Canada immigration and citizenship services website, log in and answer a few questions to refine your search and check visa status online easily.
Here are the quick facts about how to check your visa status online for Canada.
- First, you should select the type of visa you applied for in the drop-down list. For example, if you select an Immigration visa, categories like federal skill worker, caregivers will be shown to you. Select the exact type of visa you applied for.
- Secondly, if you made the application online, you should sign into your account to get the status.
- The immigration and citizenship services expect you to read status messages under “view my submitted applications or profiles”.
- Finally, go ahead and sign in to your account to check visa status online.
However, if you submitted a paper application, you can check your visa Status in two ways.
1. You should create an online account and link your paper application to that online account. And, when you do that, you will get the full status of your application immediately. It will also include email alerts stating update of your application instead of the usual email.
2. You can check with the online tool, which the immigration service keeps up to date daily. You can use this tool to find out the status of your visa application.
However, there is a notice by the consular services which state that some applicants may not be able to get the status of their application online. So, if you applied using paper, you should find out if you are affected.
That is the process, however, if you wish to learn more, about visa application generally, you can visit the help center
To check visa status online has become easier than it was in the past. Now, you can stay at home and get the status of your USA and Canada visa. Furthermore, this will not only save you time but, money too. So, we suggest that you can try this method if you are yet to do so. Please don’t forget to send us feedback on your experience and, kindly share this article with your friends to also keep them informed.
- How to Renew Your Irish Passport Online And Offline(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How to Check UK Visa Status