- 1 The DaVinci Resolve Video-Editing Software
- 2 DaVinci Resolve Video Editing Software (15th version)
- 3 DaVinci Resolve Video Editing Software
The DaVinci Resolve Video-Editing Software
The DaVinci Resolve is a software application known as the DaVinci Resolve Video-Editing Software that allows for colour correction, non-linear and video-editing built for macOS, Windows, and Linux.
Da Vinci Resolve was originally developed by da Vinci Systems. It is now being developed by Blackmagis Design after its acquisition in 2009.
Da Vinci offers a free but reduced functionality version. It also has a commercial version of the software called DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Here, we highlight to you the different features of the 15th and 16th version of the DaVinci Resolve Video Editing Software.
DaVinci Resolve Video Editing Software (15th version)
This version ranks amongst the best editing software. Notable among its new features is the Fusion. It has powerful visual effects (VFX) app. Its color corrector and audio editor are also great.
In fact, it has more than what most editors need in terms of video and audio editing, color correction, and effects. More amazing is the speed and power that an editor will ever need inherent in it. It is also very to learn and use.
Features of DaVinci Resolve Video-Editing Software (15th version)
Editing and Media
- Improvement in speed of the app when opening a DaVinci Resolve 15 projects.
- Improved performance for large projects. This is even with the editor working in 4K with thousands of clips, effects, and timelines. This is as a result of the new video playback engine which is now better optimized to use both the CPU and GPU/GPUs
- The trimming is dynamic. It lets you adjust clips while playing them.
- Resolve now supports tabbed timelines.
- Another new feature, “stacked timelines” lets you position one edit on top of another. You can drag clips between them.
- Another great addition is the “optical flow”. This new feature calculates fake “tween” frames. This makes slow-motion smooth. You can do this whether at a high frame rate shot or at a low frame shot.
Colour and Audio
- Color uses Lego-like “nodes” that lets you layer together clips and color correction effects.
- You can also use “power windows,” complete with a motion tracker. This makes you to selectively adjust regions of an image.
- This version makes use of look-up tables (LUTs). This is used to create custom looks or instantly adjust footage from Sony, RED, Panasonic, Blackmagic and other video-centric cameras. This makes it easier to browse through to find just the right look.
- A user can easily grab color settings from previous timelines and projects.
- The noise reduction system is much improved. This is because Resolve now supports Dolby Vision and HDR 10+, the latest HDR system from Samsung and others.
- Resolve 15 now has 12 new audio effects. Also included are plug-ins for repairing audio, adding effects, and simulating concert halls and other venues.
- DaVinci Resolve 15 now offers automated dialogue-replacement (ADR) tools, normalization, and 3D panners. It also has shared sound libraries and more.
- This is a powerful VFX package. It lets you work in a full 3D space. It allows you to do particle effects, warping, and keying. You can also do color correction, painting, and much more. With this, one can now work with multiple clips directly from the Edit timeline and quickly see them in context. You can do this with the rest of your program.
- Fusion, a node-based VFX package, lets you layer multiple effects and clips by linking them together like Legos.
- It also has 2D and 3D text tools with macros which make for advanced motion graphics and particles that can interact with other 3D objects.
DaVinci Resolve Video Editing Software
Features of DaVinci Resolve Video-Editing Software(16th version)
DaVinci Resolve now has a new high-performance playback engine which is up to 10x faster, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264 and RAW. This powerful editing and trimming tool is great for both creative and online editing.
It now has the industry’s most powerful primary and secondary correction tools. It also has advanced curve editor, tracking and stabilization, noise reduction and grain tools, Resolve FX, and more.
Also available are new professional tools for audio post-production which now includes fully featured Fairlight audio in the same software. They are used for editing and color correction.
It also supports recording and ADR, sound editing, sound effects, sweetening, and mixing. You can mix and master to multiple formats. This is including the 3D audio space formats such as 5.1, 7.1 and even 22.2.
Media and Delivery
Importing, syncing, and organizing footage is now fast. All you need for the delivery of projects in any format are in the software. This makes your work quicker and outputting of files faster.
This feature of DaVinci Resolve allows Assistant editors to prepare footage while editors cut the picture, colorists grade the shots, and sound editors mix and finish audio. They can all do this in the same project at once.
DaVinci Resolve Studio
The professional editing, legendary color correction, and Fairlight audio tools needed for SD, HD, and Ultra HD work at up to 60 frames per second are all on the free version. DaVinci Resolve Studio support for 4K and higher, along with frame rates up to 120 fps.
A user can find dozens of additional image processing features and filters that are not in the free version. They include film grain, temporal and spatial noise reduction, amazing new face enhancement tools, lens flares, lens distortion correction. Also included are an optical quality blur, and mist effects, match move, warping and much more.
Fairlight Professional Consoles
These new improved consoles now provide high-quality tactile controls. These controls are for nearly every parameter and feature in the software.
It has impressive user interfaces. It also has fast to use buttons and controls. These allow for quick mapping of the console keys into a configuration that is optimized for the task at hand. This makes you work faster with Fairlight audio, unlike other tools.