Downloading Microsoft Edge for Mac OS is not as difficult as you might think. Here, I will show you how to download and install Microsoft edge on your Mac operating system.
Microsoft Edge is the Microsoft browser that is trendy. It is the latest. It is the browser that succeeds the internet explorer as the custom browser in Microsoft Windows 10 operating system.
Yes, Windows 10. Microsoft took their time to design a browser that could cover up the flaws that were there in the internet explorer. Most web users abandoned the internet explorer virtually because it lacked innovations and was not in line with the latest technology. It lacked many features that make browsing enjoyable. In addition to this, it was not fast. Google Chrome and Firefox became the darling of many web users. Many people simply changed their default browser settings to other apps other than Microsoft internet explorer.
Microsoft after two decades decided to design the Microsoft Edge. Microsoft edge can work on both desktops and mobiles. But the major point to note is that it was created specifically for Windows 10 operating systems.
Many web users may not be perturbed about how to use this trendy Microsoft edge on other operating systems. Many may be reluctant to upgrade their operating systems to Windows 10 just for the purpose of using Microsoft edge.
What about the Mac operating system users? They also face this same challenge.
Web developers are even the worst hit. They mostly have the need to test their designs and this if it is Mac operating systems based may have to be done on the Microsoft edge.
Is Microsoft Edge Available for MAC Users?
Come to think of it, Is Microsoft Edge available for Mac OS? Can this Microsoft Edge be operated on Mac systems?
The answer to these questions is “Yes“. The tutorial can be found in the next section of this article.
Microsoft Edge for Mac OS – This is how to download.
It is possible to download, install and use Microsoft Edge on Mac OS.
- The initial thing to do is to get a virtual box installed on your computer. The virtual box can be downloaded free from the VirtualBox website.
- Proceed to the Microsoft virtual machine website. Then select the “Mac tab“.
- On the ” virtual machine option drop down “choose “Microsoft Edge on win 10“.
- Choose the virtual machine that you wish to run the app on. Choose “VirtualBox“
- Then select download zip. The file is very large. It is about 5gb, so it will take some time for the download to complete.
You have to unzip it in order to be able to use it on your Mac.
Note that the virtual machine expires in 90 days. So it is advised that you screenshot the installation date and save it for use after the expiration date. By then, you can return the date to it whenever you wish to run the virtual machine.
Launch the VirtualBox.
After a complete downloading, go ahead and open to launch the VirtualBox.
- Navigate to the “appliance settings” on settings.
- Click the “import” button. It will then move the Windows 10 and the Microsoft Edge virtual machine you downloaded into the VirtualBox.
- After the importation is complete, it will take you to the virtual machine VirtualBox manager.
- On the onscreen, select “IE 11 – Win10“.
- Click the “start button“.
After some time, the Microsoft Edge Virtual machine will load until you find a thank you message.
Other Related Articles.
With this, you can comfortably use the Microsoft edge for Mac Operating Systems. Feel free to make use of the comment box to ask questions. Like our page and share the post!!!