This post will teach you how to get Microsoft Visio 2013 free download. If you are a student, teacher, in business or in other professions and want to know how to download Microsoft Visio, then you need to pay attention. We will explore the possibilities of getting Visio right here. So, what is Visio? Microsoft Visio is a software application that was included in the Microsoft Office suite in the past and used for making vector graphics. For instance, you use Microsoft Visio for drawing flow diagrams, making graphs, charts, and calendars. Besides, Visio is no longer included in the Microsoft Office suite, but you can buy it as a stand-alone application. And the version of the software now available for free trial is the 2013 version and you can get it from Microsoft website and at the TechNet evaluation centre.
Also, the software has different file formats like VST, VSS, and VSD. Others include VSW, VDX, and so on. It also has three editions like Standard, Premium and Professional versions. As of date, you can download the Microsoft Visio trial version for free and use the cloud version online through a Microsoft 365 premium subscription So let me show you how to get Microsoft Visio 2013 free download right away.
- 1 Microsoft Visio 2013 free download for Windows & Mac
- 1.1 Getting Visio Pro trial by Office 365
- 1.2 How to set up your service
- 1.3 Downloading Microsoft Visio free trial
- 1.4 Adding trial Licenses to your existing user account
- 1.5 Adding the Visio License to a user
- 1.6 Installing Microsoft Visio 2013 free trial from Office 365
- 1.7 Steps to get Microsoft Visio free trial using the TechNet Evaluation Center website
- 1.8 Plans and prices
Microsoft Visio 2013 free download for Windows & Mac
Before you start make sure your PC meets the system requirements.
Getting Visio Pro trial by Office 365
If you are a new user or small and mid-sized business subscribers having E1 or E2 plans, you should create a new Microsoft user account. And after you finish creating your account, you can set up your service.
So, follow these steps to get the 30-day trial immediately.
- Visit the Microsoft Visio page.
- Click on Buy or try Visio.
- And then click on See plan and Pricing link
- And select either plan 1 or plan 2 and click on Try for Free
- Enter your email address (it must be either your work or school email address). And click on next
- To create your new Visio Account. Click on the Set Up Account link. And tell Microsoft about yourself by entering your name, organization and so on.
How to set up your service
After you have created your account, then go ahead and set up your service. Follow these steps.
- Log into your 365 Dashboard, click the Setup link
- Then in the QuickStart section, click on the Start button.
- And select the right domain, and then click Next.
- Also, Click on the Add users and assign the licenses link.
- But, if you are the only user, select that you “don’t want to add users right now”. And, if you would like to create new user accounts with short-term passwords, select “Add users one at a time”.
- Now, click on the Start using your services link, and then click on Done.
- That is the first step for getting Microsoft Visio 2013 free download.
Downloading Microsoft Visio free trial
After setting up your account in those steps above, you can now begin the download process.
- Begin by clicking the Download link on the left part of the Office 365 Admin Centre. Also, you will see the Gear Icon in the upper right and selection Menus there.
- For instance, starting from the Office 365 settings tab, then select Software and then choose Visio.
- Next, be patient for the Visio license to display.
Adding trial Licenses to your existing user account
If you had subscribed to Office 365 Enterprise before, on E3 Plan or Higher plan, just sign in to your existing account and then Add or Buy Visio Pro for Office 365 for your subscription as a trial.
This is a simple way of getting Microsoft Visio 2013 free download.
Adding the Visio License to a user
To do that, sign in to the 365 Admin Centre, and then add the Visio License to a user.
- So go on and Sign in to the Office 365 Admin Center and click on Users and Groups, and then click on the User’s Display Name.
- Next, go on to the Assigned Licenses page. On that page, choose Visio Pro for Office 365.
- And then click on save. So, after you have finished assigning the license to a user. Then look to the right part of the Admin page, and then click download the Visio software.
- That is how to get the Microsoft Visio 2013 free download.
Installing Microsoft Visio 2013 free trial from Office 365
First, find out which version of office is installed on your computer by using this method. Look on the left side of your Admin Page to verify what version you had installed on your desktop before.
- So, if it is a 32-bit platform then click on the Install button. But, if it is 64 bit, then select Advanced, and choose 64 bit and then click on the install Icon.
- That is how to install the Microsoft Visio 2013 free download from the Office 365 platform.
Steps to get Microsoft Visio free trial using the TechNet Evaluation Center website
You may also download the Visio free trial software from the TechNet Evaluation Center website. But to do so, choose your version 32 or 64 bit. Make sure there is no mismatch of the office you have installed on your computer with the new Visio version that you want to download.
- So first, check if you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit Office.
- After you sign in to TechNet, you will receive a trial product key with an option to download the trial package.
- However, to get the software you will need to register, and then save the trial key. Also, you will see an option to download Visio. It is in a .exe format.
- So when you start the Visio download, select the matching version of Visio. And after download finishes, double-click the .exe file to install Visio.
- That is how to get Microsoft Visio 2013 free download by evaluation.
- And if you have any problems with the installation, go through this document titled General troubleshooting for installing office 2013 and office 365.
Plans and prices
The two Visio subscription plans are offered on a monthly or annual subscription. You can see details for plans and pricing. And you can add the two plans to Office 365 tenant and account.
In this post, we showed you two ways to get the Microsoft Visio 2013 free download and use it for 30 days. The first is through the Office 365 Subscription and then from the TechNet evaluation centre. Besides, you now know how to set up a user account and then add a trial license to a user in your Office 365 Admin page. And you can also use the evaluation method at TechNet. After the trial, you can pay for a subscription to continue using Visio.