- 1 Download SAS 9.2 free: Introduction
- 2 How to download SAS 9.2 free full version
- 2.1 Minimum system requirement
- 2.2 Steps to get download SAS 9.2 free using educational software
- 2.3 Next, get the virtualization software
- 2.4 Create a folder for your SAS files
- 2.5 Configure the files by Importing the SAS University Edition into the VirtualBox.
- 2.6 Share your myfolders folder with VirtualBox
- 2.7 How to Start SAS University Edition software
- 2.8 How to get access to SAS OnDemand for Academics
- 2.9 Download SAS 9.2 Free: Conclusion
Download SAS 9.2 free: Introduction
In this article, you will learn how to download SAS 9.2 free full version. SAS is a statistical software created by the SAS Institute for advanced analytics. You can use SAS for multivariate analysis, business intelligence, for criminal investigation, data management, and predictive analytics. SAS was launched at North Carolina State University from 1966 until 1976.
Since then, it has continued to evolve and now has many products today. However, SAS 9.2 has analytical and graphical capabilities like ODS Statistical Graphics and SAS/GRAPH support for ODS styles. SAS 9.2 comes with enhanced features like SAS/STAT, SAS/Genetics, SAS/ETS, SAS/IML, SAS/QC, and SAS/OR software. These features will enable you to carry out a wider range of statistical and analytical tasks. Also, the software can now use 64-bit computing and has increased the ability to use and manage grids. However, you cannot get it free.
Download SAS 9.2 free: Availability
You can get a free trial of SAS analytical solutions before you buy it. However, to experience SAS immediately, you can get the SAS University Edition free or use the cloud-based SAS OnDemand software for Academics. Note that there is no restriction to use the SAS University Edition. It is not only for college students and teachers but for everyone. What it means is that anyone can download and install it on their desktop or laptop. Also, it is a full version, not a trial version, but to get it, you have to visit the SAS website, create a profile and download it free. You can also get access to SAS OnDemand for Academics.
This service is available to everyone. And it doesn’t matter whether you are a teacher, student or an individual learner.
The SAS OnDemand service runs on the cloud so you don’t have to install anything but you will need internet access to use the software. You can use different modules of SAS like SAS Operation Research module, SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Credit Scoring, and so on. Note that the software I listed now is not available in the SAS University Edition. So, let us move immediately to show you how to download SAS 9.2 free full version.
How to download SAS 9.2 free full version
Minimum system requirement
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, 64-bit hardware, minimum 1GB RAM, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11, Mozilla Firefox 21 or newer and Google Chrome 27 or newer.
Steps to get download SAS 9.2 free using educational software
- To start with, go to SAS FOR UNIVERSITY Edition
- And choose your operating system from Windows, OSX, and Linux and click on it.
- Check the Minimum System requirement and make sure that your computer meets it.
Next, get the virtualization software
- You need Virtualization software on your computer. The recommended one is Oracle Virtual Box for Windows. Also, check the recommended one for Mac and Linux. It is free.
- Next, download it at https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- You can also use the SAS University edition with VMware Workstation Player. With this, you can download it. (Note that it may not be free)
- This is the preliminary step to download SAS 9.2 free full version using education software.
- The next step is to create a folder.
Create a folder for your SAS files
As you wait for the virtual Box to install you can create a folder. Follow the steps below.
- Firstly, go on and create a folder named SASUniversityEdition (without any spaces) on your computer.
- Next, make a subfolder inside the SASUniversityEdition folder and call it myfolders (no spaces).
- Note that it is in this folder that you will save your SAS University Edition files.
- Next, Download the SAS University Edition vApp
- To download the app, Click the GET SAS University Edition button
- And you will get a prompt to create a SAS Profile or sign in if you already have one.
- So sign in. After signing in to your SAS profile, accept the license agreement terms and conditions.
- You will see the Order Summary Page. So, Click on the Download link, and the download will start.
- So, if your browser gives you a prompt to Save or Run the file, Choose Save to save the file in your Computer downloads Directory. Note the file is more than 1.7 GB so it may take a while to complete downloading depending on your internet speed.
- Also, creating a SAS folder is needed to download SAS 9.2 free full version using the education software.
Configure the files by Importing the SAS University Edition into the VirtualBox.
- Next, start the VirtualBox and choose “File” then select “Import Appliance”.
- So, in the Import Virtual Appliance Pane or window, click on the folder image to the right of the field.
- And in the file browser Pane, choose the SAS University Edition.ova file, and click on Open.
- And then click on Next, and also click on Import in the Appliance Settings Pane.
- Importing the SAS university edition takes you closer to download SAS 9.2 free full version.
- Now in the VirtualBox, choose the SAS University Edition vApp, and then Choose “Machine” and “ Settings”.
- Also, in the navigation window, choose “Shared Folders”, and then click the Add Folder icon (+) in the top right of the Settings Pane.
- Next, in the Add Share window, choose Other as the path of the folder.
- And then in the Select Folder window, Click open the SASUniversityEdition folder, and choose the myfolders subfolder you had created earlier. Click on Select Folder.
- Next in the Add Share window, verify that you did not select “Read-only”.
- Also, select the “Auto-mount” and “Make Permanent” (if present in) options, and click on OK.
- Finally, Click on OK again to close the Settings window.
- Now you can use the university edition to download SAS 9.2 free full version.
How to Start SAS University Edition software
- In VirtualBox, Choose the SAS University Edition vApp, and then choose “Machine” then “Start”. Note that it might take a few minutes for the virtual machine to start.
- Also, note that when the virtual machine is running, the screen with the SAS logo will change to a black console screen (it is called the Welcome window). So, minimize this window, but do not close the Welcome window until you finish your SAS session.
- Also, in a web browser on your local computer, type in http://localhost:10080.
- And from the SAS University Edition: Information Center, click on “Start SAS Studio”.
- That is how to use university education software to download SAS 9.2 free.
How to get access to SAS OnDemand for Academics
- Visit the web page and register to create your profile.
- Then, you will receive an email from the official SAS team. This mail will contain the link to activate your profile.
- And once you click on the link, you need to enter your email address and choose a password.
- When you finish step 3, you will get another email with your user id and link to access SAS Studio.
- Now you have also used SAS OnDemand cloud service to download SAS 9.2 free full version and more.
Download SAS 9.2 Free: Conclusion
In this article, I explained how to download SAS 9.2 free full version. But SAS does not have a free version of the SAS 9.2 statistical software. However, you can download the University edition and use the Cloud-based SAS OnDemand software free. Also, you can get a free trial of SAS software by filling a form at its website to request for trial. Try these suggestions today.
- 10 Best Instagram Analytics tools And Apps
- Personal Finance Management Skills You should Start Developing