We received emails from some of our readers with the issues they were having when installing the WAMP server. This issue is common. I have face those issues myself when using WAMP. If you’re facing this problem installing WAMP server, don’t worry, there are so many factors that causes that. The challenges most times come from your computer. Probably some of the necessary drivers needed to run the program are missing. Fixing this issue may require the attention of a software engineer or contacting thier support. If you have been having challenges trying to install or use WAMP server, here is an alternative to the WAMP server software; EasyPHP.
EasyPHP vs WAMP
EasyPHP is the best alternative to the WAMP Server software. Though, the procedure for using this software is quite different but at least it is better. Therefore, follow the guide below to use this software.
- First, you’ll need to download and install EasyPHP from the official Website. When the Installation is successful, launch the program by simply double clicking it either from your desktop or open it through your start button.
- When launched, the Icon will show up in the notification area of your computer as shown below
- Right click the icon and click on “Explore”.This action opens a window with three folders namely: my portable files, projects and scripts. See image below:
- Open the folder named “projects”
- Paste the entire WordPress folder you downloaded & unzipped earlier.
- When that is done successfully, open your browser and visit this address: (http://127.0.0.1/) or right click on the EasyPhp icon in your notification bar and click on Local Web.Read: How to Start a Blog from Scratch
- Right there, you will still come across the following directory:
- my portable files
- projects and
Open the project directory by clicking on it. This will open the WordPress installation window in your browser.
Installing Your WordPress
- When the window opens up in your browser, open the PhpMyAdmin App under Modules as shown below.
- Click New from the left top corner of the screen to create your database as shown below.
Type any unique name in the field provided and click create; example: newdatabase (make sure there are no spaces). and click create.
When that is successful, quickly go back to your WordPress installation window and continue the installation.
The same procedure for installing WordPress using WAMP server can also be applied here. Simply follow through the installation guide. When you get to this window, (see image below)
Enter the following information in the required field then you’re done!
- Database Name – In this field, remove the default database entry and type in the database you just created in the phpmyadmin page.
- User Name – Enter “root” as the username (make sure you do not enter the quote)
- Password – Remove the Default “password” text and leave that field blank
- Database Host – Leave it at “Localhost”
- Table Prefix – Skip this field, unless you want to run multiple wordpress in one database.
- Finally click the “Submit” button.When the installation it’s successful, follow the instructions on the preceding page to run your website. You’ll be required to enter your blog title (The name of Your Website Example: Nolly Technologies), your username, Password. When they are all entered, Congrats! You have now learned how to install WordPress on your computer using EasyPHP local Server.
If you have question or comment regarding this topic, kindly leave it in the comment box below.
Also Remember to share this tutorial with your friends using the social media buttons below.