The Microsoft word is a part of the Office suite and does not have to be installed before you can create and view documents. However, gone are the days when you have to install the software on your computer, you can now successfully edit word document online free. You can do this by using word online which will open in a browser. It is very efficient and has features that are needed to create new documents or edit existing ones.
Although, there are certain features the desktop-based has that the online version does not. However, word online still backs up all documents in OneDrive and also a local system. It can run on any operating system and can be used to insert documents into a website or blog.
Desktop VS Online version
When you use word online, this means that you get to use it in a browser window. There will be no access to it without a stable internet connection. The desktop version means installing it and having access to it with or without any internet connection. As long as you have a working browser, you will be able to create and edit word document online free. That is the only requirement of using it conveniently. One of the biggest benefits of using it is that it is totally free, unlike the offline version.
When you use the office online, all the documents that you create or edit is saved to your Microsoft OneDrive online. You can then get the copies locally on your computer system. You can also collaborate with people and edit documents online at the same time, unlike the desktop version where only one person can edit at a time.
Some of the things word online doesn’t have but the desktop does are;
- It does not have rulers and gridlines
- The online version cannot have office plug-ins.
- There are no advanced design feature
- Captions, citations, and bibliography are not available
- Users of the word online cannot create advanced document elements like cover pages, watermarks, equations, and index.
Features of word document Online
Some of the features you get to enjoy when you edit word document online free are; styles application, auto-saving, bullets & numbering, auto-translation, font formatting, footnotes & endnotes, and header & footer. Additionally, it also has picture insertion, auto-listing, page breaks & numbers, paragraph formatting, PDF conversion, and comments.
How to edit word document online free
For a long time, people had to subscribe to some platform in other to edit documents because it was impossible to do online. However, that is not the case now. You can now edit word document for free without having to subscribe to office suite programs. The best application to use is obviously a Microsoft word. Follow the tips below to do that successful;
- First, visit OneDrive and then sign in to your Microsoft account or simply create a new one if you do not have an existing account.
- Ensure you click on the files tap so that you can upload the document you want to edit.
- The upload will begin once you choose the document you want to edit. When it finishes uploading, the file will be on your dashboard.
- Click the document and word online will automatically open.
- You can now start editing your word document online without paying.
The dashboard is almost the same as the offline version so you should have no problem getting familiar with it. Anyways, if you want to perform operations that go beyond editing which might need advanced features. Then, it will be better to purchase the word program. You will get 30 days free trial before you will have to pay for it.
Edit Word Document Online free – Conclusion
There are so many platforms where you can edit word document online free but the best one to opt for is Ms. Word. You can use the application without having to part away with a huge amount of money.