In this post, you will learn how to download GoPro studio. The news is all about the town that with the latest update to Quik for desktop (versions 2.4+), GoPro Studio has been removed from the Quik for desktop installer package. The technical reason given was that GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support. The FAQ from the GoPro Studio website states that for some time, GoPro Studio will continue to be supported as normal. But if you had a previous version of GoPro Studio or Quik for desktop on your computer, you can still use them. Because the latest update of Quik for desktop only separated the two applications. However, GoPro Officials recommends other free video editing software like iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows.
Therefore to download GoPro studio, you may consider the following Solutions. The first suggestion is to visit the iMovie and VSDC websites and download their free software. The second option is to get a trustworthy source and download the older versions of GoPro Studio. And the third option is to look for another video editing software and pay for it. Now that we are clear about the solutions, let me show you how to get GoPro studio right away.
- 1 Downloading GoPro Studio
- 2 GoPro Studio – Conclusion
Downloading GoPro Studio
Option 1: Visit the iMovie and VSDC websites and download free software
In this option, we will analyze the two video editing software recommended by Gopro Studio technical support officials.
VSDC Video Editor
VSDC Video Editor is a non-linear editing software published by Flash-Integro, LLC. And it is made for beginners and it is free. Moreover, the VSDC editor allows you to edit a clip easily by letting you place the clip on the timeline anywhere you want it to be.
When you compare this software to other free Windows video editors, it tops the list in terms of speed. For instance, it can export a 2.5-minute video shot at 60 fps and 30 fps in a quick time.
It supports the following features:
- You can edit video in high definitions and ultra-high definitions
- And its output is 4K resolution
- You can add Post-production effects
- Also, it supports 120fps
- You are able to make the Video stable with the stabilization tool
- Comes with VoiceOver feature
- Also, do 360 video editing
- And handle 3D video editing
- This software supports the Gradient tool
- Besides, it has Deinterlacing filter
- Besides, it supports blending modes and has a mask tool
- And gives you the tool to burn your project onto DVD
- Also, there is no hardware acceleration. This means that you have to disable Hardware before you export.
- And the technical support for GoPro Studio is not free.
iMovie was created for Mac devices. And it syncs easily with all apple devices. You can start a project directly on your smartphone and continue on a Mac. iMovie has features that you can use for effective video editing. The software lets you add voice to your footage, has elegant text titles and few trendy effects like split-screen or picture-in-picture.
You can correct or stabilize shaky footage and perform color correction provided you have a minimum of 4GB RAM on your Mac. Also, the software supports HD and 4K resolution editing.
Furthermore, iMovie is pre-installed on Macs computers already. Also, it has an intuitive interface and fair features.
You will face problems of importing and processing the most popular video format; MP4 files in iMovie. This means you may need to use 3rd party apps to open a file and that is an additional video conversion step.
Option 2: Get a trustworthy source and download the older versions of GoPro Studio
Option 3. Buy a video editing software
The final suggestion to you is to buy one of the highly-rated software to replace the GoPro studio. And the software is Adobe Premiere Pro CC that you can get by subscription either monthly at $20.99 or $239.88 annually.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere Pro CC is regarded as the best video editing software in the market and it was developed by Adobe Systems. All over the world, Professionals and amateurs use it. Moreover, you can have a 7 days free trial and this software works on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Furthermore, it has a large toolset that you have to master to be able to use the editor properly. With this editor, you can do a simple cut and paste or edit a complete movie. And, to improve your experience, Adobe adds new features continuously to the Adobe Premiere Pro. This software will no doubt fill the gap GoPro studio end of life has caused.
It supports the following features:
- You can use Audio and video filters
- You have 360-degree video view and Virtual Reality content
- Use Multicam Editing. This enables you to edit multiple videos at a time.
- Supports 3D editing
- Uniquely supports 4K XAVCs Format which is supported by few applications
- You can do your Exports to H.265 (HEVC i.e. High-efficiency Video Coding)
- And you can begin to edit videos before it is imported completely
- Graphics and effects templates are accessible in Premiere Pro software which you can use directly.
You can only get the Adobe Premiere Pro by the subscription model. Also, you pay for a month or a year. But if you fail to subscribe, you will lose access to all the files and templates you have edited or created with the Adobe Premiere Pro software.
GoPro Studio – Conclusion
We have explained how to download GoPro Studio since technical support from GoPro officials say that GoPro has reached its end of life. The solutions are obvious. You could take the recommendation by GoPro officials, download online from reputable software directories or buy premium video editing software. Try any of these options and share your experience through the comment form to help others having the same problem.