Recently, with the increase in technologies and creation of different software, applying for a Canada visa online is now made easier for us. For instance, instead of spending more money or waste time by going to the nearest visa application centres to apply for Canada visa, you can do it anywhere and anytime online.
If you may be wondering on how to apply for Canada visa online? Here is how you can go about it.
How to apply for Canada visa online.
These lists of steps below will make it easy for you to apply for a Canada visa online.
- Create a GCKEY account: It is an account that will give you access to the online service to the government of Canada including the CIC account. CIC stands for Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada. Open an account through this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
- Know the type of visa you need.
- The next step is for you to look and read carefully through the whole information.
- Fill the application form correctly with other useful documents.
- Upload your documents.
- Pay the visa application and biometrics charges.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Submit your visa application.
- Wait for an update.
- Summit passport.
To start your application process, use this link: https://www.canadavisa.com
The requirements for a Canada visa
The following are the requirement for a Canada visa:
- Complete form; visitor and family information forms must be complete.
- A valid passport that will be valid for at least six months and it must also have at least two blank pages.
- Two digital passport photographs.
- Proof of the application processing like fee, sufficient funds, ties to Nigeria and a good medical history.
- Additional documents to support your applications like invitation letter, marriage certificate etc.
You also need to know what a visa is and the types of visa you need. The types of visa we have to constitute your reason for applying for a visa. Are you going there to school, to visit, for medical care or to work etc?
Types of Canada visa
Types are also called program. They are different program design to meet the needs of the person seeking the Canada visa. This various programs will guide you in choosing properly and your reason for applying for a Canada visa.
1. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP):
The FSTP is a program that is organized to meet the needs of trade’s people who are going to Canada to do business. Businesses like iron-workers, plumbers, carpenters, aircraft mechanics, welders, electricians and other skilled trades.
2. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP):
The FSWP is a program is also called work visa. This type of Canada visa requires a good job and a permanent resident visa. The person must have a university degree and it must also be a professional course like accounting, computer programmers, nurses, engineers etc.
3. The Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP):
The PNP is also a skilled worker visa but it is for people with semi or low skilled professions such as hairdressers, tailor, makeup and others.
4. Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker Program (QSWP):
The QSWP is a program that is organized to meet the needs of those people that went to immigrate to Canada. These persons must be skilled in a foreign language like French and also be skilled professionals.
5. The Family-Sponsorship Program:
The family-sponsorship visa is a type of visa that is given to any member of your family. This visa will make them stay in Canada permanently.
6.The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP):
The LCP is a type of special kind of visa. It is given to a caregiver. A caregiver is a person that is qualified to provide care for children, elderly or even disabled in a private home. They must have work experience, high school diploma and the must be able to speak English and French.
You may want to ask these questions, why should I apply online? Is it safe? Will it be cheaper? Etc. Below are some of the reason you need to apply for a Canada visa online.
Reasons why you should apply for Canada visa online
- The process is quicker and easier.
- You will get your application instantly.
- It helps to monitor you, monitoring you in the sense that your application must be complete. Because an incomplete application will be returned back.
- If the need arises for more document, you can easily submit it online.
- Easy access to updates.
Furthermore, applying for a Canada visa online is very easy and fast. Gone are those days that it is only in visa application centres that you can apply for a visa. With Canada visa online application you can apply anywhere.