In this article, we will explain how you can download Autodesk student version software purely for educational use. So, if you are a student with design skills and would love to make 3D or 2D Designs modeling of houses, then the post is yours. Besides, if you hope to become an architect, engineer, or a manufacturer in the future, read on to learn about AutoCAD, Maya, Fusion 360, Revit, and Autodesk 3ds Max software. So what are Autodesk and AutoCAD? Autodesk creates software that enables you to imagine, design, and build a better world. While Autocad is a design tool for making exact 2D drawings and 3D models, working with designs across diverse platforms and on any device. In addition, you can use the application on Windows and Mac operating systems.
And that is why the Autodesk software has millions of users who are professionals in the fields of engineering, media, and entertainment. Moreover, the software has a premium package with more advanced features for business use and costs about $1,680 annually. But, Autodesk gives a free educational version that you can use on two personal devices for 3 years purely for educational purposes. Hence, Autodesk allows students, educators, and educational institutions free access to their design software, creativity tools, and learning resources.
However, you can also have Autodesk free trial version for 30 days for the evaluation of the software. But in this post, we are particular about how to download the Autodesk student version. Let us start the tutorial and review all those products we have listed right away. We will begin the tutorial by teaching you how to download Autocad student version.
How to download Autodesk student version
Windows: Operating system Microsoft Windows 10 (desktop OS), Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355 and Microsoft Windows 7 SP1. Get the exact requirement.
macOS: Operating System Apple macOS 10.14 Mojave (requires AutoCAD LT 2017.3 Update), High Sierra 10.13; macOS Sierra 10.12 or later, macOS 10.11. Get the exact requirement
Steps to get Autodesk student version starting with how to download Autocad Student Version
Autodesk allows you to have a free educational version of the Autocad software. Follow these steps to get the software right away.
- Visit the Autodesk Education Community.
- And, select AutoCAD and this page will open
- Then, create an Autodesk account. Type in the information needed about your educational institution and choose your field of study.
- On the other hand, you may sign in to your existing Autodesk account, if you have one before.
- After entering the account information, your education account is set up right away.
- At this point, you now have access to the Autodesk Education Community to enable you to get Autodesk student version software.
How to download Autocad Software
- The next thing you should do is to choose the version of the software you want to download, your operating system, and the language you prefer.
- After doing that, instantly the serial number and product key will be displayed on your computer screen. You will also receive this information by email.
- And on the same page, you will see the “Install Now button” located below. Click on the drop-down menu on the “Install now” button and choose “Download”.
- Next, you will see the Autodesk Web manager or Web Installer (browser download) for your operating system (.exe for Windows .dmg for Mac and so on)
- Click on Save File. This will save the file on your download folder.
- After, you finish downloading software, install the Autodesk student version software.
- Locate it in your computer download folder and open it by double-clicking on it to run. And then at a prompt click on Run.
- During the installation of the AutoCAD software, you will get a prompt to enter the serial number and key to unlock the application.
- When the installation finishes you will see a success message like this. So click on the Finish button. This will close the installer.
- And when you launch the program for the first time, activate the license. It is on that date that your three-year term of the trial begins.
- That is how to download the Autodesk student version.
The Features AutoCAD 2020
- It has Base, Projected, and Section Views and more.
- Rock-solid, Surface, and Mesh Modeling.
- It also comes with Photorealistic Rendering.
- With Visual Styles.
- You are able to do 3D Navigation.
- In addition, it has Modeling and Visualization.
- Has Section Planes.
- And it can do 3D Scanning and Point Clouds.
How to download Autodesk Student Version
Apart from Autocad, other software you can download that has Autodesk Student Version is Maya, Fusion 360, Revit, and Autodesk 3ds Max and so on. Below is a quick summary of the Autodesk student version software and how you can download them.
Although, each software and their features are different, but the download procedures are similar. So follow the download process of AutoCad to get any application you want. Also, click on the link in each summary. It will lead you to a full article on the software with explanations of how to download them.
How to download Maya student version
If you are a student and wish to learn how to make films, become an architect or engineer you can get Maya. Maya is a software developed by Autodesk for carrying out 3D modeling, animation, and simulation. Also, it is a rendering application that gives you a complete toolset for making motion graphics and changing environments.
It also gives you the capacity to do virtual reality and create characters easily for your films. Besides, Autodesk has made it possible for you to try the product as a student or educator and use it free for 3 years. Here is a link, to learn how to download Maya student version.
How to download fusion 360 for student
Autodesk Fusion 360 software was created for technical students, engineers or those that are into product development and manufacturing. Also, you use this software to coordinate your product development procedures and for launching the products faster into the market.
Fusion 360 helps students and their lecturers to get the required training they need to improve design for future generations. This software is for commercial, hobbyist and for educational use. Besides, you can evaluate this software for 3 years as a student or educator. Follow this link to learn how to download fusion 360 for student.
How to download Revit student version
For those of you who are in the engineering, manufacturing and teaching fields or students of architecture, Revit gives you the tools for making architectural designs, MEP engineering, structural engineering, and construction. Also, you can examine Revit’s toolkit which has Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, and Revit Structure software.
And, you will get a seamless change from AutoCAD in a single product trial to 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. So, if you are an educator or student, you can evaluate the software for 3 years in a free trial. Here is a link to find out how to download Revit student version.
How to download 3ds max student version
Because Autodesk is dedicated to education, it allows students, educators, and educational institutions free access to their design software, creativity tools, and learning resources. Autodesk 3ds Max is software for making 3D animations, models, games, and images.
3ds Max gives you fast performance for rendering Animation and efficient workflows that enable you to increase productivity no matter how complex the job may be. Besides, you can use this application for computer graphics, to make game apps, films, and TV animation and for doing product prototype. Furthermore, you can get the software and use it for 3 years. Follow this link to see how to download 3ds max student version.
In this article, we explained how you can download Autodesk student version software solely for educational use. Also, we explained how to download AutoCAD, Maya, Fusion 360, Revit, and Autodesk 3ds Max for students. In addition, more free software is available on the Autodesk website for students. To sum up, visit Autodesk, register using your email and then go to the educational community. From there, you will get access to get an educational license that you can use to evaluate Autodesk software for 3 years. Also, there is a link in the summary of each software that will lead you to the full article with the explanations of how to download them on this website. Try it now.