Learn how to download Skype on your PC with the help of this guide.
To download Skype latest version for free is not as difficult as many newbies think. In this guide, you will not only learn how to download Skype, you will also be shown how it should be installed on your PC.
Skype is one of the best Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services worldwide. With Skype installed on your PC or any of your mobile phones, you can chat, video-call and even have conference meetings with your partners and business associates anywhere around the world.
This tool is that powerful and it is free to use when calling other Skype users. You can check Skype for Business pricing for details on how they charge.
Now, let us take a look at how Skype can be downloaded on your PC.
How to download Skype for Free.
1. Go to Skype website by typing www.skype.com on your browser.2. When the website homepage finishes loading up, scroll down a bit and click on the big blue “Download Skype” button as shown below.
If you are using a Google Chrome browser, the download process will begin immediately after clicking the button. Meanwhile, if you are using a browser like Mozilla Firefox, a dialogue box will pop up to confirm your download as shown below.
3. Click on “Save File” to begin downloading the Skype software. This process usually takes less than two minutes to complete except your network connection is slow. Before you start downloading Skype, ensure you have a strong internet connection. We suggest connecting to a Wifi to avoid any form of interruptions.
4. When you finish downloading Skype, go to your “Downloads folder” on your computer and double-click the file to start the installation process. Or press the Ctrl + J button on your keyboard to open the download library. Find and simply click the downloaded Skype file to start the installation.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded your Skype. It is now time to run the software installation.
If you are asked any security question when installing this tool, just click “Run” or “Accept” as the case may be.
A dialogue window will pop up, click the “Install” button and the installation will begin immediately. You’ll have to wait for the progress bar to reach the end.
When the Skype installation is successful, you will see this window pop up.
You can now sign in to your Skype account with your existing Microsoft email or simply sign up if it’s your first of using Skype.
- How to Create Gmail Account [Beginners Guide]
- How to Download YouTube Videos For Free
- How Google Wallet Works
Well, congratulations! you now know how to download and install Skype with ease. If you have further question, drop it in the comment box below.
Leave a Comment