ICAN registration process and other useful information about ICAN are contained here. If you also wish to know more about ICAN registration requirements and fees, then continue reading.
Understanding the inborn piece of accounting as a calling does not only mean getting through a three or four-year program in the college/University. ICAN affirmation is an extremely intense process that will set up your body and soul for the difficulties ahead in the accounting field in Nigeria.
In this post, we will be walking you through the process of ICAN registration process, the ICAN requirements, fee and deadline.
There are three different ways you can enroll for ICAN. You can enroll as a professional student, as an Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa (or ATSWA) understudy or as a member. We will discuss every method independently.
Related: What is ICAN and how it works
ICAN registration process for professional students.
As we have said previously, you have to hold no less than a four-year college education or a Higher National Diploma to be qualified for this program. What’s more? There is a rundown of affirmed capabilities that additionally check towards your qualification.
Keeping in mind the end goal to enroll as a professional student, you should follow the procedures below.
- Go to any business bank in Nigeria and pay the professional examination registration fee of ₦7,000 (excluding any charges) by means of Pay Direct. You can likewise pay on the ICAN website.
- After you have paid the charge, go to the site showed on your receipt and register there.
- Get a passport photograph of yourself, scan and add it to the registration form.
- Print the completed application form and sign it.
- Locate a chartered accountant support/referee and provide their name, membership number, and their phone number.
- Take your finished application to your support/official so they can affirm it.
- If you are registering using your AAT results, you will likewise need to pay ₦23,500 for acceptance/induction and add the receipt to your application.
- Notwithstanding that, you should append the first PIN voucher, unique Pay Direct receipt and two confirmed duplicates of travel permit photographs.
Your registration is finished. You can check your Exam/Financial Status on the page at their official website.
Step by step instructions to enroll for ICAN as an ATSWA student.
To become ATSWA student, you need five common level credits in WASCE. However, there are a couple of different alternatives. You can turn into an ATSWA student with an Ordinary National Diploma, a National Certificate of Education or with an important capability that is endorsed by ICAN.
What you have to do so as to enroll:
- Go to any Nigerian business bank and pay the examination expense of ₦6,000 (excluding bank charges) by means of Pay Direct.
- After that, go to the site showed on your receipt and proceed with the registration procedure by rounding up the form.
- Get a colored passport-format photograph of yourself. Scan and add it to the registration form.
- Print the completed application form and sign it.
- Locate a chartered accountant sponsor/referee and give their name, enrollment number, and contact number.
- Take your finished application to your support/official, so they can guarantee it.
Your application won’t be finished without the duplicate of your WASSCE certificate, the PIN voucher, two guaranteed duplicates of international ID photographs, three envelopes with your address and ₦50,00 stamp on every one of them, a duplicate of your introduction to the western certificate and the first of the bank teller.
When you have gathered all that, you need to present a finished application form to the Department of students’ education and training at 82 Murtala Mohammed Way, Ebute Meta, Lagos.
Weldone, your registration is finished. You can check your Exam/Financial Status on their official website page.
Related: What ICAN Nigeria is all about
The most effective method to enrol to become a member.
To become a member of ICAN, you should be a qualified accountant with working background. On the other hand, if you are an Accounting graduate, you require three long periods of working experience. If you have a diploma in another train or you are a member of the AAT, you require 4 long periods of working experience.
Here is the step by step to follow in other to become a member.
- Go to any Nigerian business bank and pay the Induction fee of ₦90,000.
- Get a receipt for your installment and go to the ICAN site (www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect).
- In the required fields type in the quantities of your slip and receipt. You will get a created PIN and serial number.
- On the registration page, type in your Student Registration Number, serial number, and the PIN.
- Fill in the form and upload a decent quality passport of yourself and submit your application.
- Print out the finished form and get your referees to sign it.
- Join the documents you will find through this link (http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=17).
Present the completed application form and the proof of installment to ICAN, Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Congratulations! Your ICAN registration process has been completed.
For further inquiries to know the deadline, you can call 01-4542097 or send an email to email@example.com.
These are all the process and steps to register for ICAN.