In this tutorial, you will learn how to install GoToMyPC on a Mac or Windows computer. These days with remote access, you can now work on your Mac or PC from anywhere. And, GoToMyPC has been providing this reliable service for over 10 years.
It has given users secure and trusted remote access with the highest standards of security and performance, to keep your data safe all the time. Also, it offers maximum Security with the 128-bit AES encryption, dual passwords, and end-to-end authentication functionality.
Besides, you have optimal performance and you can connect in seconds to host computers and enjoy a real-time in-session performance. And its Security and Privacy capability is able to lock the remote keyboard and blacken the screen on your PC to protect your privacy while you are connected remotely.
GoToMyPC offers a 7 days free trial. Also, the software is easy to install. All you need to do is to download GoToMyPC, launch, install and configure without restarting your computer. Besides with GoToMyPC file transfer, you can transfer a file between computers without sending an email of those files to yourself, easily.
Also, the software supports multi-Monitor enabling you to view the complete displays of all monitors that are connected to your computer. And you can hear the sound of music or voicemail on the PC you are accessing. This functionality is available on PC only.
In addition, you can copy and paste between your connected computers. With all this information, you now know about the service. So, let me go right away to explain how to install GoToMyPC.
Steps to install GoToMyPC on a computer
- Go to https://get.gotomypc.com/features
- Click on try it free for 7 days and then register for the service.
- To register and create an account without any credit card, enter your personal details like first and last name, email address and create a password.
- Then click on start your free trial button.
- Also, go and open your email and verify your account by clicking on the link from GoToMyPC.
- And then begin your 7 days evaluation of the GoToMyPC service in a free trial.
- And the free trial gives you unlimited remote desktop access to 1 computer for 30 days.
- This is a vital part of the process for you to install GoToMyPC on a computer
- Now that you have registered, to set up a host computer that you can access from any remote computer or remote device, you must seat in front of that host computer.
- To set up the host computer, go to that host computer and then visit the GoToMyPC website from that computer.
- So, follow the steps below to download, install and set up your host computer with the GoToMyPC software.
Downloading GoToMyPC Software
- Visit the GoToMyPC website at gotomypc.com and click on log in.
- Also, enter your email address and password and click on the login button
- Next, click on add this computer
- And at a prompt click on Install GoToMyPC and click on Download or Run as prompted.
- Next, depending on your Internet browser and computer security settings, you can continue with the download process and follow on the screen instructions as prompted.
- After a while, the GoToMyPC installer will appear on the computer screen.
- So, click on run to begin installation and wait for the installer to run through the setup process.
- Also, after downloading and installing the GoToMyPC software, when you are prompted, select whether to restart your computer now or later.
- And click on next to move to the next phase.
- That is how to install GoToMyPC on your host computer.
Setting up the host computer after Installing GoToMyPC application
- Now enter your account information. So type in your email address and account password and click on next.
- Also, create a nickname for this host computer. That is the nickname it will be listed under when you log in to your GoToMyPC account later.
- And if you have many computers give them different unique names to recognize them.
- After creating the nickname for the host computer, the next thing you need to do is to create an access code for this host computer.
- Also, the access code must be at least 8 characters long. It must include both letters and numbers and it should be different from your GoToMyPC account password.
- Next, retype the access code to confirm it and click on next.
- Note that you will need this access code to access this host computer. And if you forget this code, you can only reset it at this specific host computer. You cannot reset this access code by email or by customer support.
- After you have finished creating the access code, then you will see the registration successful page.
- Besides, this completes the GoToMyPC installation.
- Note that the host computer must be on and connected to the internet for you to be able to connect to it by remote access.
- And you should only install the GoToMyPC software on the host computer. You don’t need to install the GoToMyPC software on the computer you use to access this host computer.
- Finally, to connect to a host computer from a remote location, log in to your account from gotomypc.com and choose the host computer you would like to connect to and click the connect button.
- That is how to install GoToMyPC on a computer and set it up for remote access anytime.
Features of GoToMyPC
- Secure and reliable
- remote Access
- Easy Installation
- Maximum Security
- Optimal Performance
- File Transfer
- Multi-Monitor Support
- Copy and Paste
- And more
Pricing and plans
There are three plans. They include personal at $35/mo, Pro at $66/mo and Corporate starting at $140/mo. Learn more about each plan’s specific features.
In this post, I explained how to install GoToMyPC on a computer. To get the software, you need to register at the website with your personal details to create an account. You can start a free trial to test the service. After signing up, log in to the GoToMyPC website and you will receive a prompt to download install software to your host computer. Then set it up and start remote login with internet connectivity. I hope this guide enables you to get the service early.