A lot of people want to travel out to other countries for reasons peculiar to them. This post will give you a guideline for the Ireland visa requirements for US citizens. An Irish visa is a legal certificate that signifies that you are authorized to go to that country.
Let’s go to the business of today, which is Ireland visa requirements for US citizens. We also want to inform you that having a visa does not guarantee your entry into any country, it only allows you to travel to the country.
What are the Ireland Visa General Requirements?
The Ireland visa requirements are different from other visa requirements. It is different because it comes in four schedules. Moreover, each of the schedules has different visa requirement. However, this will help US citizens meet the Ireland visa requirements.
Check if you need an Irish visa because it is not all countries that require a visa to enter Ireland. Some countries do not need a visa to go to Ireland. If you have a Convention travel document issued by the European Economic Area (EEA) states, then you don’t need a visa.
Therefore, I am glad to announce that a US citizen does not need a visa to go to Ireland.
Check if you meet a Visa Waiver Programme, this program allows you to travel to Ireland without a visa. If you do not meet the requirement, you need to apply for an entry visa. However, US citizens meet the requirement for a Visa Waiver Programme.
British Irish Visa Scheme (BIVS), is a visa system. You can enter both the UK and Ireland on a single visa with your BIVS. This is applicable when you are staying in Ireland on a short stay. The short stay must be less than 6 months.
Transit visa, is a visa that allows you to pass through a country but you will not stay there. You pass this country to go to the exact country you are traveling to.
Here are Ireland Visa Requirements for US Citizens?
- US citizens will need to show a valid passport upon arrival in Ireland: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date. As a US citizen, you the privilege of staying in Ireland without a visa for only 90 days. However, if you wish to stay and work, study, or stay longer than 90 days, then you will need a visa. So, make sure you contact the appropriate consulate to get one.
- You also need an electronic system for travel authorization (ESTA) Let us find out why this is important.
Why is ESTA Part Of Ireland Visa Requirements for US Citizens?
The electronic system for travel authorization (ESTA) is important to a US citizen because it can serve as a visa.
ESTA is a travel permit issued by the United States Department of Homeland Security which authorizes its citizens under the visa waiver program to travel to a specific number of 50 states, without a visa. Ireland is among those 50 states.
This travel permit is valid for 2 years. Citizens who travel to the United States for tourism, business or transit travel to another destination, must have ESTA.
ESTA Conditions That Help You Meet Ireland Visa Requirements for US Citizens
- Nationality: You must be a citizen of any of the 38 countries that benefit from the Visa Waiver Program.
- Passport: Having a passport is mandatory and it must be valid. Your passport must be an electronic passport whose validity covers the whole states in the United States.
- The purpose of travel: We all have a different reason for traveling. You can travel for business, tourism or transit.
- Length of stay: You are only allowed to stay for less than 90 days.
- Return trip booked: You also need to have a round-trip ticket.
To get an ESTA you can Fill an application here.
How Can I Apply for My Irish Visa As a US Citizen?
As a US citizen, you don’t need to apply for an Irish visa. In addition, United State citizen do not need a visa to travel to Ireland. All you need as a US citizen is your valid passport and an electronic system for travel authorization.
In this post, I have shown you the Ireland visa requirements for US citizens, the general requirements for an Irish Visa and why the electronic system for travel authorization (ESTA) is important for a US citizen.
In conclusion, you now have all the facts you can use to make your travel decisions and meet all the requirements for a visa. So go and get your Irish visa today.