In this article, you will learn how to download Microsoft Excel full version and install it on your Windows computer. So what do you use Microsoft Excel for? You use an Excel spreadsheet program to store, organize and modify data in an electronic format. The Excel program has workbooks, cells, columns, and numbers. The software has formulas for working on numbers of all kinds to create a report that you can use to make decisions and learn more about new things. However, to get a Microsoft license to download Excel, you have to buy the software. But, Microsoft has made a provision for students and educators that are eligible to have the Office 365 Education software free. And included in the suite are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools.
The eligibility requirements include having a .edu email address given to you by a school among other conditions. Also, if you subscribe to Office 365 you can use office applications across all your devices like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. And the other way to get the software is by using a free trial. During the trial, you will be able to use the Microsoft Office suite free for 1 month. But you must create a Microsoft account and give your credit card information to Microsoft. And that is why I have put this article together to help you get Microsoft Excel full version by an Office 365 free trial. Let us start the tutorial now.
- 1 Microsoft Excel download free full version for Windows 10 & 7
Microsoft Excel download free full version for Windows 10 & 7
You can follow the link below to confirm whether your device meets the minimum system requirements for “Office 365 on. https://products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements.
And the Office for Mac supports Apple’s three new versions of macOS. With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, Office 365 for Mac and Office 2019 for Mac support macOS 10.15, 10.14, and 10.13.
Downloading Microsoft Excel full version by office 365 free trial
- Do a Google search for the keyword office “365 free trial Download”
- Then click this link at https://products.office.com/en/try
- You will see a button labeled Try 1-Month Free. Click on it.
- Next, you will be directed to sign in with Email, Phone, or Skype. Below this instruction, you will see information to create an account if you do not have one.
- Click to create an account or sign in if you already have a Microsoft account.
- Give Microsoft your first name and surname and click next.
- Verify your email by entering the code Microsoft sent to your email address. Copy the code and paste it in a Form where it says Enter code.
- Another page will open asking you to enter some characters in a reCAPTCHA test on a form to confirm that a human being was creating the account. Enter the characters and click next.
- Another page opens to show you 3 stages. The first thing is to select the way to pay, the second is review and confirm and the third is Get Office. So go ahead and give Microsoft your payment information. The price is USD$99.9 for one year.
- These steps are needed to download Microsoft Excel full version by free trial on PC.
Downloading and installing Office 365 software
- So click on “get started” to add your method of payment or just click next and you will see a button asking you to pick a payment method. You are allowed to pay with a debit or credit card. And Microsoft accepts Visa, American express and master card and so on.
- Next, add your card number and name, expiry date, state or region, postal code, city, address and click on the Save button.
- You can also amend your details by going to your account. Microsoft if you need to.
- Once your payment method is confirmed, you will be directed to https://account.Microsoft.com where you can install Office on your computer.
- And, after entering all your card details, click the Subscribe button and this will take you to your personal account Dashboard or Overview Page. On that page, you will see some applications. So, from this page or tab of your personal account page, look for office 365 Home.
- Next, select Install Office. When you select it, you will get a message on the screen that says “Download and Install Office 365”.
- Just make sure you accept the default options for MAC or Windows if your system is a 32-bit configuration. But, if it is a 64-bit edition, then select Advanced before you choose 64 bit and then click the install button to start the download of Microsoft Office 365.
- However, after downloading the software, the next thing you should do is to install it.
- That is how to download Microsoft Excel full version software.
To install the Microsoft Excel Microsoft office 365 Home
- To install the full package that comes with programs like Microsoft Excel, Access or PowerPoint and so on, choose “other install options”.
- Then from a drop-down menu, choose your language, and your system’s platform that is either 32 or 64-bit computer.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Microsoft office 365 Home on your computer.
- At the end of the installation exercise, you can restart the computer and then begin to use your new Microsoft Excel full version software inside the Microsoft office 365 home.
- So, click on Start on your PC and select Excel inside the office suite and start using it.
- That is how to download Microsoft Excel full version by a free trial for 30 days.
To Cancel Your Office 365 Free Trial
Since what you needed was to download Microsoft Excel full version, you now have a chance to use the software free for 1 month on a PC. But you must cancel the trial before it ends to avoid being billed a recurring bill of US$9.99 monthly plus other taxes.
Note that you can still continue to use the 30 days trial even when you cancel the subscription.
So, visit your Microsoft account Dashboard and search for the “Payment & Billing” page of your account. Also, you can get this information in the “Manage part of Overview page”.
To cancel your Microsoft office 365 trial, follow these steps.
- open the “Payment and billing page”
- and then select “cancel”.
- After then confirm the “Cancellation”.
In this article, I explained how to download Microsoft Excel full version by using the office 365 free trial. But, you must create a Microsoft account and enter your credit card information. Enjoy the free trial for one month. But remember to cancel before the offer ends to avoid being charged recurrent bill by Microsoft immediately the trial ends.
- Microsoft Office 2016 Free Download Full Version (For Windows 10, 7 & 8.1)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Microsoft office 365 Pricing, Plans And Features(Opens in a new browser tab)