Lucidchart is a software that provides a platform for users to use diagrams in representing models. Whatever visuals they have in mind, they can use Lucidchart to represent it perfectly. After doing this successfully, they can then proceed to share their work with other Lucidchart users. This software is highly beneficial to professionals and beginners. Lucidchart provides educational version to students and teachers for free. Using this software, Teachers will be able to create lesson plans easily and student will be able to use visuals to learn and work. The software has great features like entity-relationship diagrams, Venn diagrams, and curriculum flows that will help learning easier for both teachers and students. This post will let you know some of the pros and cons of Lucidchart software for education.
Eligibility of Lucidchart for Education
If you are a student or a staff in education sector, you can get a free account of Lucidchart. All that it requires is for you to sign up for the free account by using your educational email. You will receive a confirmation email once you are registered and you can begin to use the software.
Lucidchart has a functionality that can accommodate every student. Whether the student is an engineering student or in elementary school, Lucidchart has numerous useful functions. Teachers can also make use of it to improve their techniques as it will help them explain complex things better.
How to get Lucidchart Software for Education
If you want to get the Lucidchart education version for free, you should navigate to the educational page of Lucidchart. Then click on Sign up free, scroll down on the next page and click on Continue with free. You will have to input your personal details on the next page. Input your name and education email to proceed. Then click create account.
Once you have created your Lucidchart educational account, click on your name which is in the top right of the page. Then go to Account settings, click on the Get a free educational upgrade that is at the bottom of the page. You will receive your confirmation email almost immediately. Click on the link that comes with the email and proceed.
You can now start making use of your free educational version of Lucidchart software.
System Requirements for using Lucidchart Student Account
- MAC/Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or higher, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10, or higher.
- Chrome OS: Chrome IOS 11, IOS 12, or later
- Android: 5.0, or any later version
- Linux: Debian 8+, open SUSE 13.3+, Fedora Linux 24+, 64-bit Ubuntu, or later.
Lucidchart software for education: Pros
Lucidchart is a software that has great functionality to offer students and teachers. Having a software that helps adequately with diagram can be highly beneficial to both learners and educators. It can help improve their classroom learning experience. Lucidchart helps simplify learning process by translating complex things into visual forms. Some of the pros of using the educational version of this software are:
- Lucidchart provides the necessary get started guide for those that do not know how to use the software.
- The education version of this software is free of charge.
- It has a functionality that accommodates every student irrespective of their level.
- Students can use this software to build a simple or complex layout.
- It can serve students and aid them in creating any type of charts and graphs.
- Lucidchart is very intuitive and easy to use for students.
- The software has a flexible and powerful collaboration tool
- Full accessibility to enormous collection of starter templates.
- It helps students put their ideas and processes into visual forms
- This software has hundreds shapes and icons which helps when making diagrams.
Lucidchart Software for Education: Cons
With all its amazing benefits, there are certain complaints about Lucidchart that students have complained about over the years. Here are the cons of using the Lucidchart software for education
- Difficulty in navigating when there are lots of elements on the page.
- The interface might be too complex for students that have not use the software before.
- Lucidchart software is sometimes slow to response and can affect productivity.
In summary, Lucidchart is a powerful tool for those in the education sector. They can get the software for free and use it to improve learning and productivity. This post talked about some of the pros and cons of using this Lucidchart software for education.