In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the Sterling Bank transfer code (USSD) and other options to transfer money from Sterling Bank account to other banks.
Do you own a Sterling Bank account? Do you wish to explore other banking options other than the traditional banking systems? Are you still unaware that you can access your Sterling bank account and make transactions via there online banking platforms.
Well, Sterling Bank now offers you the means of easing all your financial and banking transaction needs. You can now make all transactions from the comfort of your home, no need to visit the bank.
- 1 The Sterling Bank Transfer code (USSD) for Sending Money to other banks
The Sterling Bank Transfer code (USSD) for Sending Money to other banks
Sterling Bank offers you a beautiful and easy way to ease all your banking needs. The Sterling bank USSD code feature is an awesome exciting platform that enables you make all your banking transactions using any mobile device and without requiring Internet access. There are also other platforms used by Sterling Bank in transfering money to other banks but this is by far the easiest, since it works on all mobile phones (Nokia, Android, java, Windows etc).
You only require to have N5 airtime on your mobile phone if you use the MTN and Etisalat network. If you use the Airtel and GLO networks, you do not require any airtime.
Remember when making any transactions, ensure you use the phone number listed and attached to your Sterling Bank account.
How to register for the Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Code service
It is so easy. Just follow this easy steps and you are good to go:
- Dial *822*1*account number# (On your registered phone number)
- Input your debit cards details and every other information
- Create a PIN (4-6 digit) for confirmatory transaction services
Note: Corporate accounts are not eligible for this platform
How to transfer money using Sterling Bank transfer code service
- Dial *822# and follow the on screen prompts
- Or you can:
Dial *822*4*Amount*account Number# to transfer to another sterling bank account
Dial *822*5*Amount*account number# to transfer to other bank accounts
Read also: How to open a US Bank account in Nigeria
Other Services on the Sterling Bank USSD feature
- You can open a new account quite easily
- Check account balance
- Buy Airtime and pay bills for your self and your loved ones up to N20,000
- and so much more
Limitations on the Sterling Bank USSD feature
- Maximum airtime purchase daily is N20,000
- You can transfer up to N50,000 at a time and maximum daily amount of N100,000
- you must always use the phone number registered to your Sterling bank account.
- If you use MTN and Etisalat networks, you must always have N5 in your account before you can access these service
Note: If you misplace your phone or sim card, kindly contact the Sterling Bank contact centre to avoid ugly situations
How to reset your Pin
- Dial *822# (Ensure it is the registered phone)
- Select PIN reset
- Provide your 10 digit account number and your BVN to validate your request (Read more: How to check your BVN online)
- You will be prompted to create a new PIN.
The sterling bank transfer code (USSD) is an awesome way to maximize your banking opportunities. I hope you found this tutorial interesting and worthwhile.
For any more information, inquiries and questions, kindly place a comment below.