Learn more about how you can become an Uber driver in Nigeria by reading the instructions I will show you.
What is Uber?
Uber is a technologically driven taxi company with the sole aim of connecting the customers to safe and comfortable taxis from anywhere using just the service of their smartphone. All that is required by the customer is to download the Uber app and get started. This app works in such a way that you do not require cash transactions. Your charges will be deducted directly from your bank account.
How To Start Uber Business
For you to become an Uber partner in Nigeria, there are some basic requirements that you must meet. Prior to the registration, you must at least have a good smartphone to run the Uber application. Check here for a list of smartphones you can use to run the business successfully.
Uber Driver Requirements in Nigeria
- A valid Driver’s license
- Lagos State Driver’s Institute (LASDR): areas, where you can access this card, include:
- Ikeja office: Old LSTC Yard, Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, Ilupeju
- Badagry: Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Oko Afo, Badagry
- Ikorodu: Lagos State Ministry of Transportation, Lagos
- Lagos Island: Old Party Secretariat, Lagos Island
- Epe: Lagos State Ministry of transportation Yard, Epe-Ikorodu Rd
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance (if you have a car already)
- A clear photo in soft copy with format jpg.
- A good smartphone
Read This: 17 Most Popular Mobile Phones And Prices
Note: The Commercial vehicle insurance documents should contain: the vehicle registration, have you as a listed driver if not the owner and it must have a valid expiration date.
How to Register as an Uber Driver
- Go to the Uber website and sign up
- Upload the documents
- All documents must be very clear and visible and your name on the documents must match with the one on the signup page.
Backgrounds checks needed for the Uber driver
- You are required to pass some general knowledge test on your driving skills
- You will complete the Uber safety training and interview exercises (the training will cost you about N20,000 which can be paid in instalments)
- Uber will also conduct a comprehensive criminal background check (note this process may take about 2-4 weeks)
Car Requirements For Uber Drivers in Nigeria
Uber does not approve the use of just about any type of car. To meet the satisfaction of its customers, it has put up the following guideline to enable you to understand the kind of car that is needed for this service.
- The Car model should be 2000 or newer
- The car must be a 4-door car, and all 4 doors must be in working condition
- it must not be salvaged or having cosmetic damage
- The car must not have been rebuilt from parts of other cars
- The windows of the car must be in good working condition
- The car must have air conditioning
- No taxi cabs or government branded vehicles
- No full sized vans or trucks
Note: You don’t have to have a car to register with Uber, You can register as a driver and rent an Uber car for your business.
Required Cell Phone for Uber Drivers
After a successful registration and application. Once you have been chosen, you may acquire an Uber cell phone with which you can connect with Uber passengers. If you own a smartphone then you do not need this cell phone.
Terms and Conditions for Uber Drivers
As an Uber driver, you must be aware that working with Uber does not cover certain costs associated with your vehicle such as:
- Fuel costs
- Insurance costs
- maintenance costs
- Uber royalties etc.
The Uber services ensure that as a driver, you never lack in customers. as long as you are dedicated, you can make as much as N150,000 monthly or more. Why not get started today.
I am glad you finally know the Uber driver requirements. If you do need more help with the Uber application, you can drop a message below. Do not fail to share with your friends and loved ones.