Do you wish to become a driver with Uber Ghana? Are you quite confused about the registration process? Do read on, I will explain the registration process and the requirements in detailed steps.
Becoming an Uber Ghana partner requires some level of driving experience and some documents as well. The following are the documents required before joining this money-spinning platform in Ghana.
Required Documents for Uber driver in Ghana:
Obtain scanned clear copies of the following documents:
- Must have a clear photo
- Drivers License
- Car insurance
- Proof of insurance (Insurance must have third party insurance with comprehensive cover)
- Clearance certificate from the Ghana police headquarters
- Road worthy sticker
You can acquire the roadworthy sticker by registering your vehicle at the nearest DVLA office. In the process of registering your vehicle at the DVLA office, your vehicle will be checked to ascertain the true extent of its condition. If successful, you will be given the roadworthy sticker.
Signing up to become an Uber driver in Ghana
After checking that you have all the required documents, you will sign up on the Uber website. You will receive an email requesting that you fill some documents and Upload the scanned copies of the documents and send.
Read more: Uber Nigeria Registration process
Uber Ghana Car Requirements
Not every car is accepted on the Uber Ghana driver service network. The following are the requirements for the accepted vehicles on the Uber driver service network.
- Car model must be 2000 and newer
- It must have no major cosmetic damage
- The car must not be a salvaged or re-built vehicle
- It must possess 4 working doors
- Fulls sized vans or marked vehicle are not acceptable
- Taxis or government marked cars are not acceptable
List of accepted vehicles include:
Interview and background check
Uber will use your documents as uploaded to conduct thorough background checks to check if you are off good conduct and if you possess a criminal history. You will also undergo a screening process where you are required to pass both oral and written interviews to evaluate your skills as a driver. This process usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks.
Uber formal signup
After successfully passing all tests and processes, you will be signed up formally into the Uber Ghana driver service. You can now chooses your preferred service. Presently, there is only one service available in Ghana. It is called the Uber-X service and is known worldwide for its affordable service package
Fair Estimate for the Uber driver service
You will have an avenue to make lots of money as Uber caters to the needs of its drivers and also to its customers. The Base fare for the Uber service is GHS1.7 as regards the cost per minute of GHS 0.19 and cost per km of GH0.81. Minimum charge incurred on the Uber service is GHS5 and cancellation charge is GHS5.
- You must be about 21 years and older to be a driver with the Uber driver service
- You must be aware that all costs like car maintenance, insurance costs, Uber royalties and so on are solely your responsibility.
- You must have a good smartphone with which you’ll need to use the Uber application.
The Uber Ghana driver service is a good way to make a whole lot of money as a driver in Ghana as this platform provides the medium to meet customers with ease. Why not get started today.
If you have any more questions, place a comment below, lets talk about it. Do not forget to share to your friends and loved ones.