In this article, you would find the easiest ways to update Google Chrome on Windows 7. Also, whether or not your system is outdated or you just wish to upgrade your system, this article is for you. Furthermore, if you had the current software or you find the newer update more admirable, this post will satisfy your desire too.
Let us start the tutorial right away.
How to update Google Chrome on Windows 7
- Once you start your device, find your way to your Google Chrome.
2. When you get there click on “customize and control Google Chrome”, it is the three aligned dots on the right edge of the browser. Also, you cannot fail to find it.
3. Once you do that move further and tap on “Help button”, and it would bring up another display on the left-hand side.
4. Furthermore, click “about Google Chrome” which would open another tab entirely and take you there.
5. Check “New Update” and Update it. However, if yours is up to date, it would display like mine below.
Related article: Google Chrome Latest Offline Installer Download
An alternative way to update Google Chrome on Windows 7
I hope the brief information above is helpful. However, you may choose to use this second method instead. So, let us explain how to update Google Chrome on Windows 7 using another method here.
Although, updates normally happen in the background, and when you reopen your default browser after you had closed it. However, if you have not closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending image, they include the following:
- Start your computer and Open Chrome
- At the top corner, you would see “more”
- If you see an update pending, most likely you will see a colored icon.
- Red: which means an update has been available for 7 days.
- Orange: This means an update for 4 days.
- Green: which also means for 2 days.
- Start your PC and open Chrome.
- At the top right corner right, click “more”.
- Click Update Google Chrome. However, in case you do not see this, that means you already have the latest version.
- Finally, just click RELAUNCH. That is all you have to do.
The easiest way to update your browser is without your knowledge. What happens is that in most cases, the browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically as soon as you open it. So, if you would rather not restart immediately, click “not now”. However, if you postpone the update, any time you restart your browser, the update Google Chrome on Windows 7 will definitely run.