Learn how to create your own wedding invitation for free with this tutorial. I am really glad you found this Wedding card design tutorial. Before we proceed, you may also want to bookmark our entire graphics design tutorial archive for easy access.
Free wedding invitation design tutorial.
Have you been searching for wedding card design online? Creative wedding cards can be designed with a good graphic design software like CorelDraw, Photoshop, InDesign etc. If you are you a newbie in CorelDraw and wish a graphic design professional could hold you by the hand through this wedding invitation card design, then, of course, you will not have any problem. Here, I am going to guide you on how to design a beautiful Wedding card in CorelDraw.
Read also: Flyer design tutorial in Coreldraw
This tutorial is meant to bring the best within you. You are expected to create something more beautiful than what we have here in this guide. Of course, you are going to use a more realistic wedding picture, the name of the couples, the wedding venue and so on.
At the end of this wedding card design tutorial, I am going to share the raw files for you to download. That should give you a headstart right?
How to Design a Beautiful Wedding Card in CorelDraw.
- Launch your Installed CorelDraw software and create a new blank document
- On the Unit tab, choose inches and set the page size to 4.5 x 6.25 (inches)
- Choose Landscape from the orientation tab
- Draw a rectangle which should fit the entire drawing page
- Import the wedding images consisting of the bride and the groom and arrange them as follows
Wedding Card Design in CorelDraw – Step by Step.
First, open your installed CorelDraw software either through the icon on your desktop or by searching for it through your Start Menu.
Note: If you don’t have a CorelDraw application, you can at least download the trial version from the CorelDraw website and don’t forget to buy the full version later.
While maintaining this wedding card size of 4.5 X 6.25 (inches), draw a rectangular box like the one below (without the dotted lines).
Read also: How to design Business Card in CorelDraw
The following are the items you are going to need for the wedding invitation card design.
- An image (Something like pre-wedding pictures of the couple, ring or a cake)
- The write-up (This includes; the names of both families, name of the couples, date, venue and the time)
- Curly flower design (You can download them online).
The first column (A) should contain the picture of either the couple or something else like cake, ring or flowers (depends on your choice). For me, I will be using a picture I downloaded online.
Place the image firmly inside the container by the using the PowerClip tool.
To do this,
- Click the image and select “Effects” from the menu bar.
- Choose “Powerclip” option and
- Click “Place Inside Container“
- Finally, click the box and the image will find itself right inside the box.
Note: You can adjust the image to the side of the box by right-clicking the box and choosing “Edit Contents“. Adjust the image to the right position and click “Finish Editing Object” on the Status bar or press Ctrl + click outside the box to exit.
The second column (B) of the page should carry the main message of the wedding invitation. It should also contain the date of the event likewise the time and venue where the wedding will take place.
Type and arrange the text as shown in the diagram below. Try to show creativity when choosing your colours and font styles okay? Good! now check my arrangements below and see if it’s gradually becoming a real wedding card.
- How to design ID card in CorelDraw
- Flyer design tutorial in CorelDraw
- How to Generate Calendar in CorelDraw With just 8 steps
Free Wedding Card Design CDR Files Download
You are free to download the full cdr files of this wedding card design and modify it to your taste. Download it below.
I am glad you now know how to design Wedding card in CorelDraw. Should you have any question or comments, you may drop them in the comment box below.