If you use WhatsApp with your Mac operating system, you would have questions about how to use the app well with your Mac. For instance, you may want to know how to download WhatsApp web app for Mac OS? In addition, you may also wonder if you can do video call on mac?. Furthermore, you may want to know whether you can open WhatsApp on your mac? All these questions are the most frequently asked questions especially when it concerns WhatsApp web app for mac.
However, you should know that this app is not a new messenger. The WhatsApp web app for macOS was first launched in early 2015. Also, since the time they launched the app until now, it is serving as one of the best messengers. This post is about WhatsApp for Mac OS and how you can download it. Now, let us look at it in detail.
WhatsApp Web App for MacOS.
Table of contents
- What is WhatsApp web app for mac os all about
- How can I download WhatsApp web app for MacOS
- Features of WhatsApp web for mac os
- Is Whatsapp web app for Mac OS different from the WhatsApp app on Android
- How to scan the QR code
- In Conclusion
What is WhatsApp Web App for MacOS all about?
WhatsApp is one of the worlds most popular messaging platforms today because it has an eye-watering 64 billion messages which are up to date. Also, they made Whatsapp application for Mac to make sending and receiving of messages convenient. For instance, you can easily type longer messages, reply quickly and go back to what you were doing before. However, you can also send pdf files, pictures, videos, and voice notes, etc. After you have installed the app on your computer you will have to scan. It is compatible with Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, and other devices.
How can I download WhatsApp Web App for MacOS?
There is a way that you can access your WhatsApp messages on your mac. We will take you through the process of not only downloading it but also installing it and using it.
Her is a step by step guide on how you can go about it.
- You will visit the Whatsapp web site to download Whatsapp
- Next thing is to install and open the WhatsApp desktop app.
- You will see a QR code, insert the code on your phone. This should be placed in the top right-hand corner and make sure you select WhatsApp web.
- The QR scanner will open within your mobile app and it will also allow you to scan on your Mac screen.
- The next step is for you to pair your mac to your mobile device. You will now have your WhatsApp contacts and conversations directly synchronized to your desktop.
- For this to work effectively you need to have a good network connection.
Features of WhatsApp web for mac os
Easy to use
The way it is designed, anyone can easily use it even on a desktop.
Offers almost all the same options as the mobile app
When you are using Whatsapp on mac you can perform the same functions just as you can with the mobile app. Also, you can automatically connect to your contacts.
You can make local or international calls or text without any hidden charges.
It allows you to backup your chat history.
It has a well-designed interface
Their interface on the desktop is well-designed and you would love the smooth look and feel.
Chatting is a lot faster because you are using the keyboard
The keyboard on your desktop is far bigger than the one on your mobile. Therefore, this will make typing a lot faster compared to when you type on the phone.
Customization of the chat box
With the different wallpapers that are available to you, you can customize your chat box with the anyone you like.
You can share multimedia quickly
Multimedia like pictures and videos can be sent quickly when you are using your mac than when you use your phone.
Messages are saved offline
Any message that you get when you are offline, is saved for you to see when you come online.
Save directly to your computer
Any file that you receive, whether it is pictures, videos, or pdf files are saved directly to your computer.
It does not require log in or passcode
Once you click on the WhatsApp icon on your desktop it will open to you. You do not need to log in or even insert any passcode.
Is Whatsapp web app for Mac OS different from the WhatsApp app on Android?
No, it is not different. They are the same, the only difference is that it will appear bigger because the screen is bigger.
How to scan the QR code
You will need to scan the QR code on your smartphone.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and select menu.
- On the menu, you will see ‘WhatsApp web/Desktop’
- You need to open a scanner; this will allow you to capture the QR code which will appear on your screen.
- At this point, you have synchronized the two devices. So, you can start using WhatsApp on your desktop.
Now that you know how to download WhatsApp web app for MacOS, we are sure that you will be able to help your friends do the same if they have such a problem. We hope we have been able to answer all those questions that you may have about WhatsApp for Mac OS. Furthermore, you can see that the Whatsapp mobile app and the desktop app are the same after we compared them. Download WhatsApp for mac os today.