In this article, you will learn how to get Windows 10 free download full version. Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system, which was launched on July 29, 2015. This software is different from the former versions of Windows. In the case of the Windows 10, Microsoft has provided a genuine copy of Windows 10 for download directly in the ISO format. And also provides you with a tool for upgrading your computer operating system from a lower version of Windows to Windows 10. The tool also lets you prepare a flash drive with the Windows 10 installation files, or to burn the Windows 10 setup files to a DVD disc. But, downloading the Windows 10 setup file, is just a part of the process and you must activate it with a genuine license.
Recall that in the recent past, Microsoft encouraged a free upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 8 or Windows 7). But this grace expired on July 29, 2016, while the free Windows 10 upgrade offer for an extension for those that use assistive technologies also ended on December 31, 2017. So, that means you must have a valid product key to install Windows 10. And have a license from Microsoft to activate the Windows 10 Home or Pro software on your PC. And you can also upgrade your version of Windows by buying a product key for a higher version. Without further delay here is the Windows 10 free download guide.
Windows 10 Free Download Full Version
First, you must have a license to install Windows 10 and wish to upgrade your PC from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Second, you want to reinstall Windows 10 on a PC you have previously successfully activated Windows 10.
The right place to go and download full version of Windows 10 OS is from Microsoft’s official Windows 10 download page.
- Go to the Microsoft’s websites Windows 10 download page.
- Choose the “Download tool now”.
- And then open the MediaCreationTool<version>.exe when it completes downloading.
- This is just the first part but you are yet to download Windows 10.
Steps to get Windows 10 ISO Image
- You will see a Getting a few things ready messages when you open the Windows 10 Setup program for the first time. So allow things to settle and then follow the steps below.
- First, read the license terms and click on the Accept button.
- Also, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and then choose Next.
- And then select the Language, Edition, and platform you want the ISO image to be. (For example, if you are going to use Windows 10 on the same computer you are using to run the Windows 10 Setup, you can accept the default options. If not, uncheck Use the recommended options for this PC, and then edit those options to suit your need.)
- Next, choose your edition Many users select either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 edition. The N editions are created for some special European economic zones.
- For the platform or Architecture, you can select “Both” so that you can install Windows 10 on both a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer. Select next when you have finished deciding your choices.
- Now select ISO file on the Choose which media to use screen, and click on Next.
- Also, choose where to store the Windows 10 ISO image and then click on Save to start the download immediately.
- After you finish downloading the ISO file, you will have an officially authorized full version of Windows 10 in ISO format.
- That is the way to get Windows 10 free download.
- So, if you want, you can burn that ISO image into a disc to install it later on. Or use it straight away with your virtual machine software.
- You may also burn that ISO image into a USB device, by using the software’s media creation tool.
- Finally, you must have a valid Windows 10 product key to activate the ISO file.
Downloading Windows 10 full version into a flash drive
If you want, you can leave out the ISO part of the Windows 10 download and get the Windows 10 installation bits onto a flash drive.
You can do that easily using Microsoft’s media creation tool.
- To begin, you can follow the guidelines above for the ISO image up to step 7. That is to Choose which media to use the screen”. And instead, select USB flash drive, and then click Next.
- Also, select a connected flash drive (and make sure it has more than 4 GB of storage) from the list on the next screen and then click on Next again.
- And then wait for the download of the Windows 10 software to finish and then follow the rest of the directions above.
- You may find this method simpler than doing the ISO to the USB method on your own.
- That is how to get Windows 10 free download to your flash drive
- Finally, you must have a valid Windows 10 product key to activate the file when you install it.
In this post, I showed you two ways to get Windows 10 free download full version. You can download the ISO file and also download the setup file into your USB flash drive. But you must have an official Microsoft license to activate the Windows 10 free download. Try it and share your experience here.